2020/21 Patient Experience Survey
It’s that time of year again! If you are a client of our clinic, please take a few minutes to fill out our feedback survey. The responses will help us improve our services.
- Clinic updates and resources: here
- Vaccine information: here
- Book/pre-register for vaccine appointments and keep up-to-date with vaccine rollout in Toronto: www.toronto.ca/covid-19-vaccines
Residents over 40+ are now eligible to book appointments. Appointments also available to people 18+ living in hot spot areas. The AstraZeneca vaccine is available to people 40+ at certain pharmacies. Book appointments via the provincial booking system.
Testing Clinics – more details and resources here: NWT OHT Community Testing Update – May 2021
… … … … …
We envision a vibrant, ongoing and meaningful collaboration between various health and non-health sectors creating a healthier and more equitable North York West community.
The Emery Keelesdale Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic provides and coordinates services as to connect both health care services and services from other sectors to address the broader social determinants of health as they negatively affect the most vulnerable residents of the clinic’s catchment.
The Quality of Care
Primary health care refers to basic, everyday health care; it is usually your first encounter with a health care provider when you need care or advice. Patients who register with a NPLC will have access to comprehensive primary health care. Clinics provide care when patients are ill as well as a range of health services that help individuals and families maintain or improve their overall health. Typical of other primary care delivery models programs and services include annual physicals, episodic illness care, falls prevention programs for older persons, immunizations, smoking cessation, injury prevention and monitoring and management of chronic diseases such as diabetes, arthritis, asthma, heart disease and mental health conditions.
- Comprehensive primary care to patients in the community ensuring continuity of care
- Holistic care that addresses all needs of each patient
- Enhanced health promotion
- Chronic Disease and illness management and prevention
- Care coordination and navigation of the health care system
- Integrated care within the community through established partnerships
- Perform physical check-ups
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests
- Write prescriptions
- Provide counselling and education
- Provide supportive care through illness
- Provide treatments and/or procedures
- Make referrals to physicians, specialists and other health professionals.