Admin Assistant w/ Data Coordination
Position Type: Full-time contract with possibility of permanent position
Application Deadline: February 14th, 2020 5:00 p.m.
Sector: Health Care
Key Tasks: Bookkeeping/Accounts Receivables and Statistical Reporting
Experience: Minimum 3 years experience
Emery-Keelesdale Nurse Practitioner Led Clinic (EKNPLC) offers a model of primary health care in which Nurse Practitioners (NP) coordinate patient care within a collaborative and vibrant interdisciplinary team environment. As part of our commitment to a philosophy of Primary Health Care we emphasize connecting and coordinating services within the health care system to those from other sectors to address the broader social determinants of health. The clinic operates from both a main site and a satellite site to offer services to individuals living in the North York West community.
The position is will support both locations: EKNPLC’s main site at 2972 Islington Avenue, and at the satellite site, located at 2562 Eglinton Avenue.
The Admin Assistant will support the clinic and its providers at Emery-Keelesdale NPLC in the provision of primary health care, health promotion and disease prevention care through reliable, timely, professional and effective administrative support. The primary role is to develop and maintain systems of efficiency as it relates to the organization’s data and accounts. This position will report directly to the Lead Administrator and Lead NP.
Summary of Responsibility and Duties
Admin Assistant will be responsible for:
- Maintaining the clinic’s calendar and overall schedule
- Assisting in the on-boarding of team members
- In conjunction with Lead Administrator perform simple bookkeeping and Accounts payables and receivables tasks weekly (towards reports and audits).
- Liaison for clinic vendors and monitoring our accounts email for billing and other correspondence
- Performing technical troubleshooting tasks in support of clinic staff as well as having the ability to coordinate fixes with the IT consultants
- Retrieves and presents data for reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Provide payroll support through record keeping and reporting on (vacations, timesheet, scheduling etc.)
- Assist in updating and maintaining our electronic footprint through website maintenance and support
- Data Collection and analysis (e.g. administering clinic survey/questionnaire and other forms)
- Ability to provide front desk support where the need arises.
- Train and assure new team members on EMR and other software and/or devices
- Ensure maintenance of clinic assets such as laptops and desktops in conjunction with the IT consultants and other vendors.
- Ensure contingency plans and backups of critical clinic content
- Provide troubleshooting and resource guides for team members
- Versatility and comfort with all Windows and Adobe suits and the ability to produce and edit complex documents, forms and or templates
- Ability to troubleshoot various office challenges and IT related concerns
- Ability to deal with multiple requests, emails and prioritize work
- Ability to work in a team environment and work independently with minimal supervision
- Assess administrative work flow and provide feedback and make recommendations to the Lead Administrator
- Demonstrate a willingness to assist with the workload during vacation or absence of other clerical staff
- Ad Hoc reporting
§ Other Duties as assigned by Management Team
The above duties are representative but are not to be considered all-inclusive.
- Majority of time will be spent in direct administrative duties within the area of data managing and reporting
- Physical requirements are related to, stocking/receiving of clinical inventory and maintenance of laptops and other equipment
- Moderate: The position requires minimal physical effort and the workday comprises of roughly equal amounts of standing, sitting and walking, with frequent position changes.
- Travel to our satellite location will be required on occasion
- Bachelors in Business Administration or related field
- Minimum 3 years experience in Administrative role (health sector preferred)
- Excellent skills in communication, organization and information technology including proficiency in Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems, Windows, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) and internet searches and research
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to welcome change and manage it innovatively in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the Emery-Keelesdale NPLC
- Ability to work flexible work hours on occasion
Key Relationships and Interactions
- Lead Administrator
- Interdisciplinary Professionals
- Nurse Practitioners
- Collaborative physicians
- Functions as a member of the EKNPLC
- Liaises with community agencies, other health providers and outside regulatory and accrediting agencies and other service providers
Salary Scale: $42K-$46K annual + group benefits plan + pension plan
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Assets: Own car and G license, worked in Health Care sector prior and acquainted with the expectations of the sector, other spoken languages beyond English
Duration: Contract to Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $42,000.00 to $46,000.00 /year